Maputo, Mozambique

Barrybar has added a photo to the pool:

Maputo, Mozambique

Yesterday (30/01/2011) I visited the Museum of Natural History, a white building sitting at the end of Avenida Patrice Lumumba. Amazing is not a bad word to describe it. When I left, I walked the couple blocks to Avenida 24 de Julho and sat outside the Delta cafe, drinking a tonica (Schweppes).

I cannot even explain the vendors here who do not take no for an answer. Well, I turned the tables on them in a manner of speaking. I saw this walking with this piece and it was I who beckoned to him.

He said it cost 650 Meticales, about $20. I said 500 MT. He said 600 Mt. I hate to bargain, especially with artists and artisans. I liked the piece and bought it.

I leave for Swaziland on Tuesday. Let's see what I find there.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog