Over the hills of Ankara

modenadude has added a photo to the pool:

Over the hills of Ankara

Best seen large, on black!

I was in Ankara for only a night, but I made the best out of it.

This is an HDR panorama (three final photos from six exposures) of the sun rising over the northern hills of the beautiful Turkish capital city.

I was sleeping in my car when I awoke with a jolt (not from the freezing weather) and realized the sun was rising. I turned the engine on (rented Fiat from Europcar) and quickly drove north to get a shot of Ankara from the mountains.

After searching and searching for a location, I found no spot that would give me an overall view of Ankara... so I settled with this scene -- the beyond amazingly beautiful sunrise.

I had to trek up a mountain, in very freezing temperatures and had to go to the bathroom really badly... but it was all very worth it.

:)

I even have a time lapse video I'll have up later Inshallah... :P


Comments

Popular posts from this blog